To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the “Human Rights Now!” world tour, a 6-week, 5-continent, 50-nation, 20-concert tour of the world in 1988 that reunited Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Tracy Chapman and Youssou N’Dour , Amnesty International is releasing a CD + DVD of highlights from The Human Rights Concerts the series of benefit concerts staged between 1986 and 1998 to raise awareness and funds for the Nobel Peace Prize-winning human rights organisation Amnesty International.
This new release is designed to continue that mission and raise further funds for Amnesty s crucial work. Net proceeds from the DVD and CD benefit Amnesty International.
3 of the 4 set have never released officially in DVD and CD: The first set of performances come from A Conspiracy Of Hope, Amnesty s 25th anniversary US concert tour in 1986 (13 tracks), followed by Human Rights Now!, the historic 5-continent 20-concert world tour undertaken in 1988 (5 tracks). The series continued with stand-alone concerts An Embrace Of Hope in Chile in 1990 (4 tracks) and The Struggle Continues in Paris in 1998 (8 tracks).
Both CD and DVD contain 3 Tracy Chapman tracks:
- Talkin’Bout A Revolution from Human Rights Now tour, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1988
- Fast Car from Paris Concert for Amnesty International, The Struggle Continues, 1998
- Get Up, Stand Up (with Bruce Springsteen, Peter Gabriel and Youssou N’Dour) from Paris Concert for Amnesty International, The Struggle Continues, 1998.
- USA : June 6, 2013. Order CD on Amazon.com and DVD on Amazon.com too (released by Shout! Factory)
- UK : May 27, 2013 (released by Eagle-Rock)
VIDEO: Get Up, Stand Up (with Tracy Chapman, Bruce Springsteen, Peter Gabriel and Youssou N’Dour) from Paris Concert for Amnesty International, The Struggle Continues, 1998